Gabal Al Asfar WWTP
Location: Al Gabal Al Asfar - Cairo- Egypt.
Client: Ministry Of Housing, Utilities, and Urban Development - The Construction Authority for Potable Water and Wastewater (CAPW).
Duration: 2013 – 2016 (construction), O&M till 2018.
Scope of work
- The largest waste water treatment plant in the Middle East & North Africa, with a current capacity of more than 1,800,000 cubic meters per day.
- Stage II phase II project is a design, build and operate contract that will produce 500,000 cubic meters per day.
- HAC is the leader of the consortium which includes Acciona Agua (Spain) and Passavant Roediger (Germany).
- Design and construction of the civil engineering structures and building works, complete with all fittings, furniture and building electrical and ventilation services, all channels and pipelines, service networks, roads, fences, & connections .
- Design, manufacture, temporary erection and witness testing/inspection, storage, off-loading, protection, erection, testing, commissioning and maintenance of all mechanical plant, electrical plant, instrumentation, control and monitoring equipment, cabling, ancillaries and accessories necessary for the operation.
- Operation and Maintenance of the works.