SIXTH OF OCTOBER RAW WATER TRANSMISSION LINE
Client: Ministry of Housing, Utilities, and Urban Development - The Construction Authority for Potable Water and Wastewater (CAPW).
Location: 6th of October City – Egypt.
Duration: 2010 – 2014.
- Financed by the Egyptian Government.
- Produces 1.7 million m3 per day to supply the 6th of October City Wastewater Water Treatment Plant with raw water.
- The intake and booster stations have 12 pumps of 1.5 MW capacity each.
- The pipe lines spans approximately 120 km of steel between El Badrashain and Dahshour.
- Reinforced Concrete Pipes for this project were supplied by HAC's pipe manufacturing division (NPC).
Scope of work:
- 40 km steel pipe line (2.2 diameter).
- 78 km RC pipe line (2.2 diameter).
- Nile intake and pump house.
- Booster stations.