Ain Sokhna Supercritical Thermal Power Station (2 X 650 MW Gas /Oil Fired Units)
Engineer: Power Generation Engineering and Services Company “PGESCo - Bechtel”.
Client: East Delta Electricity Production Company – Ministry of Electricity & Energy.
Location: Ain Sokhna - Suez Governorate, Egypt.
Duration: 2010 – 2014.
- Egypt’s first supercritical thermal power plant – 2 x 650 MW Gas/Oil fired units.
- The first plant in Egypt to use Supercritical Boiler Technology to generate power.
Scope of work:
- Steam turbine generator buildings.
- Steel structure skeleton buildings.
- Stack chimneys & stack foundations.
- Main transformers.
- Auxiliary transformers.
- Station service transformers.
- Intake & discharge structure.