Al-Sultan Al-Zahir Barquq Mosque
Client: The Ministry of Culture - Egypt
Location: Cairo, Egypt.
Duration: 18 months.
- HAC undertook the restoration of Al-Sultan Al-Zahir Barquq Mosque, which dates back to 1386 in the Fatimid Dynasty rule of Egypt.
- Today it stands at the heart of Historic Cairo among four historical buildings, called the third group project.
Scope of work:
- Fine restoration and treatment of wooden, metal, stone and marble structures, some decorated with ornamentation.
- Specialized manual excavations.
- Architectural restoration.
- Structural supporting works.
- Documentation work.